Saturday, January 5, 2013

Trip to Trader Joe's...

Yes, I'm VERY excited about our first trip to Trader Joe's!  It's over an hour away and we have a small Mennonite run natural food store just up the street, so we really haven't had a total need to go.  But, now we rally want to.  We're heading down with all out cloth bags, two coolers and the minivan.  It'll b a nice big ole family trip!

I'm hoping to find some dairy free cheese to help me be more vegan.  Cheese is probably my biggest obstacle right now, but I wouldn't really call it an obstacle.  I'm just not ready to give it up!

We're leaving in about an hour, so if you happen to go to Trader Joe's regularly, anything we should know about or that you recommend??

5 comments:

  1. Haven't been to trader joes in forever, but have you ever gone to Kimberton Whole Foods in Douglassville?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on checking it out later this week!!

      Delete
  2. Yeah, Trader Joe's was a let down. I thought it was a large store. They did have a nice variety, but for driving over an hour one way...blah...plus I thought their brand stuff was all organic...not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear it was disappointing. We are about 2 hours from a Trader Joe's and there's nothing we use exclusively that comes from there but I do enjoy picking up a few items here and there when we go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The main thing was the size. We have a Mennonite run naturel food store about 2 minutes away that is a bit smaller. I think that was part of it- why the drive when something almost the same size is right up the street!

      Delete